An important period has come in the life of your child - he is one year old! At this time, the baby’s brain is rapidly developing, the bone system continues to form, and mental activity is active. To meet the needs of a fast-growing organism in all vital nutrients, its diet must be varied and balanced.
Several rules that will help make the diet of the crumbs diverse, balanced and age-appropriate.
READ ALSO: Child nutrition: advice to parents of one year old
1. Learn different tastes!
By your first anniversary, your baby is most likely acquainted with almost all types of products. His menu already has cereals, vegetables and fruits, meat, fish and eggs. Gradually, the child gets used to the "adult" food. However, do not rush to transfer it to the common table. Until the child’s gastrointestinal system is fully formed, there are no necessary enzymes to break down heavy foods. Only after three years the baby’s body will be ready to digest the dishes from the adult menu.
Mom note:Enter new foods into the baby’s diet carefully. Watch your reaction carefully. To make it easier for you, you can make a “food diary” and write down the date when a small product was given to the baby, the size of the serving, how the kid reacted, whether there were allergic manifestations. Also remember about products that are strictly prohibited to small children. These are fatty, fried, spicy, rich meat broths, allergenic products (seafood, nuts, chocolate, honey), mushrooms, canned food and semi-finished products.
2. Indulge with dairy delicacies!
One third of the ration of one-year-olds should be taken by milk and dairy products. They are a source of valuable calcium, phosphorus, vitamins of group B, as well as suppliers of protein and milk fat. Thanks to the beneficial bacteria, they are well and easily digested, have a beneficial effect on the work of the digestive tract, stimulate the production of digestive enzymes.
READ ALSO: Milk for children: 5 pediatrician tips
Mom note:offer crumbs of various dairy delicacies every day:
• cottage cheese (can be given as a separate dish, or in the form of casseroles and cottage cheese makers);
• cereals cooked in milk (modern dietetics prefers buckwheat, oatmeal and corn porridge);
• hard cheese (only non-fatty varieties);
• dairy drinks, kefir, yogurt, sour milk, ryazhenka.
3. Continue to breastfeed!
Breast milk is unique in its composition, because it contains the perfect combination of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals necessary for the full development of the child. It gives your baby the best nutrition, so keep breastfeeding as long as possible.
4. Be careful with cow's milk!
Children under three years are not recommended to give whole cow or goat milk. Everyone knows the fact that it has an unbalanced vitamin and fat composition for the child’s diet, the “wrong” ratio of calcium and phosphorus, contains a very large amount of protein and very little iron, and there are almost no important (essential for the development of the brain and vision) polyunsaturated in it fatty acid.
5. Baby milk for healthy development!
Enrich the child's diet with vitamins, trace elements, antioxidants and polyunsaturated fatty acids,necessary for active growth, intellectual and physical development, prevention of deficient states can help children dairy drink Frisolak 3. It contains all the necessary nutrients that are easily absorbed by the children's body.
• Essential fatty acids (linoleic acid and alpha-linolenic acid), from which the body synthesizes very important fatty acids necessary for the growth of nerve cells. One of them - docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) performs the function of "building blocks" for brain development.
• Vitamin D and calcium are vital elements for bone formation. After all, the crumb is already starting to walk!
• Prebiotic fibers (inulin) improve digestion and promote the growth of beneficial own bifidobacteria in the intestines of a child, prevent the development of dysbiosis.
• Natural carotenes, inositol and selenium act as antioxidants and increase the body’s resistance to various diseases and environmental factors.
Thanks to a special protein treatment, Frisolak 3 is well absorbed. It can be used as a complete milk component of the diet of children from 1 to 3 years old, as well as prepare dairy dishes based on it.
READ ALSO: Freshes for a child: 5 important rules
The baby food maker Frisolak 3 - FrieslandCampina - has more than 130 years of experience with a product like milk. For the production of baby food, it uses the highest quality milk that comes from its own farms. Employees of the company manage the entire production chain, controlling every stage, from the grass that cows eat to the final product.
The company strictly follows European and global regulations for the production of baby food. Only scientifically based and safe ingredients are introduced into the mixtures. In the production of mixtures, a sparing technology of heat treatment of protein is used, which facilitates its assimilation, reduces the risk of developing digestive disorders (intestinal colic, constipation) and food allergies. All this contributes to the optimal tolerability of Frisot’s mixtures and facilitates their introduction into the baby’s diet. Today, Frisot mixes are the "golden" combination of key nutrients necessary for brain development and the formation of a child’s immune system.